The online course is part of a blended learning event within Youth+ but it is designed to act as an individual learning process (MOOC) that can be done as a self-directed learning by learners at any time in the future. It has 2 main parts: 1st: youth work of youth w.f.o (4 modules) the first part is based on a well-thought structure where partners give inputs about their experiences, best practices, and approaches. 2nd: adapted From Us to You (HU) best practice (4 modules) – this part is about acquiring the necessary knowledge to run a 4-phase volunteering-based non-formal learning program with different target groups of youth w.f.o. English – SALTO HOP platform.
Description of the online course:
A course for youth workers to learn:
- how to approach a group of disadvantaged youth,
- how to involve them, to create their volunteering project to help a community in need,
- how to train, coach, mentor and support them.
This course is a self-paced, interactive, practical course for Youth Workers to learn how to support groups of disadvantaged youth in creating and realizing their volunteering projects and use it as an experiential learning process for the volunteers.
You are going to learn about:
- how to approach disadvantaged Youth,
- how to mobilize and recruit them to create their volunteer projects,
- how to work with them,
- how to inspire, connect, empower, coach, and mentor them in this process.
To access the course
- Register with your email address on the Salto website: HOP online learning
- After registration sign in, go to the Course: Youth+: How to help disadvantaged youth grow in volunteering projects, then join the Course!